Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stressed and Nervous
   Lately, I've been stressing about my upcoming mission trip.  I had dreams that I forgot EVERYTHING when I arrived at boot camp and couldn't leave.  I lost my appetite and sleep.  I wanted to share a journal entry I wrote last night.
   I am afraid, in fear, "of the unknown."  I am stressed about earthly things.  I am crying from lack of sleep and food and from being of afraid of leaving the ones I love dearly and who love me.
   Mum gave me an article about a mission trip.  The thing that caught my attention was this little ad underneath for Heritage Funeral Home.  It read, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28"
  I decided what to do to calm myself down.  I went to the back of my Bible and looked for verses on fear.  The one that caught my eye was Psalms 34:4, "I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears."  Also verse 8, "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him."
  My Bible notes for verse 8 read, "When we take that first step of obedience in following God, we will discover that He is good and kind. ...As we trust Him daily, we experience how good He is."

   I hope this helps all of my blog readers who are nervous or in fear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment