Monday, March 23, 2015

BC/AD Or BCE/CE
   I wanted to share what I wrote about these date markers.  Even though this has nothing to do with Bangladesh or my mission trip, this is an important topic many people don't know much about.

  Today, I was reading a children's book, and I found BCE and CE in it with numbers before it.  I had no clue what it meant.  I went on google and looked up what it meant.  I was disgusted, and that is why I am writing this post.
 Google said, "The meaning of AD is Anno Domini or Year of our Lord referring to the year of Christ's birth. The meaning of BC is Before Christ. CE is a recent term. It refers to Common Era and is used in place of A.D. the dates are the same ie 2009 AD is 2009 CE. BCE means Before Common Era."
  Did you catch it; "recent term."  The people in this century are getting rid of anything that has God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit attached to it.  This century is teaching the children to ignore God.  To totally wipe out Him.  They don't want these years to be God's.  This is why I want to be a missionary!  To show all these people that God is real and not just some ancient myth like Apollo, Zeus, or Diana.
  I hope this post encourages you and show you how much this world need some Jesus!  Always remember Matthew 5:13, 14: 13"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. 14"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment